Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 4 Globe, AZ to Springerville, AZ


















The word for today is CLIMBING.
145 miles, 10 hours on the bike, it seemed like the whole day was uphill except for a screaming descent into Springerville, AZ over the last 20 miles. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pay for that effort tomorrow. It was fun at the time.
I had lots of profound thoughts during the day today, I wanted to put them down in my blog tonight. Right now I can't think of any of them. I think my ideas made more sense in an oxygen deprived state at 9,000' elevation.
At this altitude the temperatures have subsided. It was 79 degrees when I arrived at the hotel at 5:00 p.m. I need a jacket!
See you tomorrow.
George

3 comments:

erwin stoltzfus said...

George,
Thanks for keeping everyone posted. I owe you a ride home but please wait until your trip is finished. I hope you still have a place on your body to sit down on after all the miles you put on.
Erwin

Robin said...

George,
Thanks for the updates and the pictures. I look every morning to see where you are and where you have been. Keep on pedaling you'll be home before you know it! Enjoy your trip!!

Robin :)

imagrinin said...

George,
Your blog is great! My son Eric is riding and you fill in the gaps of information and great pictures. You guys are amazing. Take care and be safe.