Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 13 Batesville, MS to Forest, MS















175 Miles today.
Lon taped up my ankle again this morning and I was good to go all day. The tape takes all the stress away from the achillies tendon. I can't walk very well but I sure can ride again.
We are in the heart of the South now,and I am amazed at how courteous most of the drivers have been. Almost all the trucks and cars give us the entire lane as they pass us and more than once the vehicles overtaking us seem perfectly willing to run the oncoming traffic right off the road. A big thumbs up to Arkansas and Mississippi drivers. Oklahoma drivers on the other hand confirmed most of my prejudices...
I saw a motorcycle and ATV dealership today and talked to the owner. He was happy to take my picture as I try to make this blog interesting for you all. His name is Jimmy Henry and if you want a 4-wheeler or cycle you should check out his dealership. He is getting in to riding bicycles and he owns a Trek. Boy that ATV seat felt comfortable but I guess their is no way to qualify for RAAM on a 4-wheeler.
Excellent support again from the PAC Tour staff and crew members as we deal with the heat and humidity.
So far so good. See you all tomorrow.




2 comments:

Eric Nafziger said...

Isa. 40:28-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the wary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk (ride) and not be faint.
George, 3 days left, this is my prayer for you as you finish riding across this land! Finish Strong!
Eric....

Ivan Umble said...

"And George rides on" I will be following Bill around the top half of Lancaster County tonight. I think he is trying to be like his buddy George. 407 mile in 1 1/2 days???

Ivan Umble